Check for the full rules and guidelines on our website: www.brickroadpoetrypress.com
Starting in 2018 we are moving toward blind reading of submissions. While there is always a chance we might recognize the work of a poet, we would like as much is humanly possible to judge the contest without knowing who wrote the manuscript. To that end we request all submission documents omit the author's name from the cover page, the headings, and the content of the poetry.
· Book-length poetry manuscripts only. Original collection of 50 to 100 pages of poetry, excluding cover page, contents, acknowledgments, etc.
·Deadline: November 1, accepted starting August 1.
·The winner receives a publication contract with Brick Road Poetry Press and $1000 prize, publication in both print and ebook formats, and 25 copies of the printed book. We may also offer publication contracts to the top finalists.
· Simultaneous submissions accepted, provided we are immediately informed if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
· Single sided, single spaced. We prefer no more than one poem per page. Numbered pages. Leave off the poet's name.
· Use the title of your collection for the file name.
· Cover letters are welcome, but not required. Our blind submission reading system will hide your cover letter until after we reach our decision.
·Entry fee, $30. If mailing a hard copy, please include a check or money order to "Brick Road Poetry Press, Inc."